Small Blue dot

Today,
Today was one of those days
days when my thoughts take over and cloud my emotions
days when even the smallest annoyances become unsurmountable mountains
days when I feel nothing, empty
locked in my head,i  think about how better life could be
I ruminate on all my shortcomings
I ponder on the bad things in life
on dreams yet to come true
on my inadequacy
my fears
my failures

Yes, it was a bad day
and just as I was about to give in
I looked up in the sky
And staring back at me was the light from a distant sun
A star
A reminder, that I was but an atom in the large scheme of things
my problems were but a passing phase
my sadness was just that... sadness and nothing more
I was standing in my yard, on a blue planet in an obscure galaxy
one unremarkable galaxy, in a universe with a billion more galaxies
I was on a pale blue dot

I took breath in
and suddenly felt in awe
in awe of the universe
in awe of the fact that as I stared at that star
I was looking into the past
my present and a past came to exist in a single place in time

Today, was one of those days
one of many days in a billion years
a dot in the sands of time

xoxo





Comments

Popular Posts